As promised I got
Belle for the Steam 8 hunt, and was thoroughly thrilled! We had less than a week to finish it before my trip though, yikes, we kept a fast pace with the appropriate amount of lollygagging at the best locales.
Epic Toy Factory was as EPIC as usual, though much, much easier hunting this time! No gathering clues and talking to people/bots, just exploring the build and picking up gears.
Epic Toy Factory was as EPIC as usual, though much, much easier hunting this time! No gathering clues and talking to people/bots, just exploring the build and picking up gears.
Balancing on the
Triceratops snout. I always love what
The Toymaker does for these hunts, not only does she a beautiful build but she
generally makes all (or at least parts of it) the prizes for the hunts. I wish she would sell them in the store
because I have missed some and would love to buy them.
The Compy was
trying to tell us something, but its breath stunk something horrible so we
could not hear what it was saying.
The gear is here!
;-)
I should know
better than to "Sit Here" anywhere on anything she builds. I became a sacrifice on the altar at the top
or the temple. We tried for a long time
to find the entrance to the temple the legit way, but could not so we tp'ed in.
Belle and I took
turns being Pteradactyl treats. That was
a fun ride! We were imprisoned, attacked
by indigenous people, had arms removed by treasure chests, and all kinds of other
traumatizing events while in this build.
Overall a fabulous experience!
A well deserved
break at Belle's room in El Casbah on Port Steelhead sim. Fun to be on the old Arabian Stow-Away Bed, spent many hours on it in my old place on Maldo. We were in a store when we realized we were a
hop, skip and a jump from one of her home-away-from-home homes. Her other one is in Port Babbage. She has these places and laments that she
does not spend more time in them. She is
OK with just continuing to support in a small way the fantastic work of those
keeping these important steamlands alive.
Just like she supports me in my burlesque career. Just knowing that someone can do the work
because of her patronage makes her happy.
I just love this woman!
We spent a long
time on this sim trying to do the mini-hunt before reading the group notice
saying it was not ready yet, DUH! We had
to cheat to even find this gear, so we crashed the office for a little while
and I was interviewed.
Belle: "So tell me Ms. DeVivre, what makes you
think you are qualified for this position?"
Blaze DeVivre says
nothing and leans over the desk letting her cleavage answer for her.
Belle: "The job is yours."
Later that night on Idle Rogue....
Later that night on Idle Rogue....
Sunday Night
Rehearsal, I went by to watch since I knew I would not make the show on
Friday. Spurned on by an earlier
drool-fest over the mention of bacon, Lymirah drug out her most tasty avatar. Someone said that eggs should go along with
it, and I obliged. Then Rahp came along with some coffee and Sexy rounded it
out with toast. A perfect after
rehearsal meal. :)
3/19/13
Back to business…
Polishing Belle's
boots at Ankh Morpork.
Wandering the maze
of Ankh Morpork on a mini-hunt.
Belle tp'ed me
into this sim, I landed on the snout of a gear-munching Great White and was
completely drenched by the downpour. But
loved every moment of it.
Golden Oriole,
guess we were not clever enough to figure it out in less than 2 hours. Someone in the hunt group said it took him 2
days, so we did not feel too bad, but I was about ready to smash this clay pot
I turned.
A much needed
respite at *Amaranthus* lovely view and
a loaded couple's dance ball, Perfection!
3/19/13 Next evening...
Illumination
Library was really cool. Belle did the
mini-hunt while I tried to get off my extra
hair. It took me back to our noob
days when Belle and I liked to wear two
hairs at one time to get streaks and volume.
We got over it when we got into better hairs.
The Joy Of
Steampunk!
I had really been
wanting to go see Knowledge Tomorrow's sim since she rebuilt it, so I was
finally appeased when the sim mini-hunt came up on the list.
I loved checking
out all the different builds and collecting gifties, what could be better?
Belle was
particularly fond of the Nemo build, she misses her underwater lab very much.
This windlight (CB
Rogue, I believe) is fantastic with this sim.
It was not a stop
on the mini-hunt but we found the ballroom.
Belle's backpack coffee maker was a little awkward to dance with, but we
needed its product to keep going. I
always hunt with the graphics on low and did not realize just how beautiful
this room was until I turned it up to Ultra.
So rich and brassy.
The Airship Station is Super FANTABULOUS! I could not cam out far
enough from inside to get the whole thing in the shot. I love it, inside and out. Cait did a magnificent job setting up the new
museum.
The end of the
path was in the Memorial. Beautiful!
We finished the
hunt the next evening, I cannot wait to unpack!
Steam Hunts are my absolute Faves!
Cheers to the Historical Hunts Inc. folks who put these on! Imagine if you will, little street urchins banging gears on the thick wooden table chanting, "Historical Hunts are great, Gave us Steam 8! Historical Hunts are great, Gave us Steam 8!"




















No comments:
Post a Comment