3/2/13
On top of the
World, looking down on creation, and the only explanation I can find is…Belle.
She started
earnestly working on the Mer Retreat.
She has a Underwater Skybox (if that makes sense) at the tippy top of
the sim. The eventual goal is to have a
great underwater habitat and a tropical paradise on top of the water. Something about the air up here…makes me
refreshed after a night of choreographing.
3/7/13
I went looking for
some landscapes for the Union of the Snake set backgrounds. I went to so many sims, and just could not
find the right thing until the 8th one.
I am starting to think this might not be the most time efficient way of
getting textures, but I had it come up before that I did not like what was
offered on MP or at my fave background store.
I did find the
perfect place but I hate that I forgot to take notes on where it was. It had that stark grassland hilliness
that was just perfect for the set. This was not used for the set, but I wanted
to share. It also matched my mood at the
time, with this windlight. RL is a
struggle sometimes, I like to go into SL and either find catharsis or
distraction.
3/9/13
Oodlemi and Raven
Noodle's wedding. It was lovely though a bit laggy, the bride crashed a couple
of times. They really should have less
friends, it would have been better. Just Kidding! All of my other pictures had some
serious rezzing flaw in them, but the sentiment was rezzed in ultra...very sweetly!
The ceremony was romantic and joyfully tear filled, I gave away a couple of boxes worth
of tissues to the gals in the audience.
My RL marriage did not end so well, so I am skeptical of the whole
institution, but I love celebrating love with fabulous folks and that is what
matters most! I know that Oods and Raven will have a fun-filled SLife together, and we both wish them the best.
I was fighting a migraine
all day and it really took hold during the ceremony, so we did not go to the
reception, which was a super bummer since that is always the funnest part.
3/16/13
My prehistoric
Water Moccasin was trying to perv Sho's un-pervable grass skirt. It is her fault for saying she did not have
any undies on!
During the
afterparty, I took some time to express my sincere admiration of the OGs
(Original Guerrillas) who use to have to create acts once a week for the whole
first year. Having done two in two weeks
(I switched so I could do St. Pat's in a timely fashion) I was feeling a bit of
fatigue. It was fun, I loved to be
pushed, but cannot imagine doing this for a whole year. I know I have even greater respect for their
creativity, commitment and drive.
Cherry needed a tiny dose of cheering, so Chewie made me hop up on the DJ booth with her for the last 30
minutes+ of her set at the after party.
I was very envious of her view...there was some real nice booty for her
to savor from that angle.
3/16/13
The day after, put
my feet up and got some well-deserved sleep.
I bought a new Treehouse from Trompe de L'Oleiel for uplands of
Yeo. One would think with all the houses
in my inventory, I could have found one, but no, so I hit up the Collabor88
sale. That set up has been consistently
good to me, I seem to find some nice hair or cool house every month.
By afternoon I got
to rest, by night I put on all of the acts that I have done this far in my
dancing career, just for my loves….
They got to party
hard, while I performed. It was not as
smooth as I would have liked. The
costume problems were mostly to the audiences advantage. ;}
Apparently I had a casualty or two from packing up old clothes, lost my
bloomers and knee socks for one act.
Ender took pics for me to fill in the gaps in my collection to make the
Bootstrappin' Burly-Q Gurly-Q blog complete.
Then for some reason no matter what I did costume-wise, I looked like I
had enormous biceps in his viewer. It was
like the chest and arms of my avi were male (with breast) and the rest was just
me. The effect was very unattractive, I
must say. So I picked up on picture taking. But when things like that happen I get all
paranoid that something was wrong with my outfit that caused that effect in the
audience's view. Surely someone else has
had that happen?
After the
Blaze-travaganza, we took new group photos of The Chateau Amazons +1 and went
down to Belle's Ship for some dancing. I
worked on getting caught up with their level of intoxication and did pretty
good. A fun and fantastic evening
overall! (Bonuses: I have all my acts
organized in my inventory and all the pix I needed for Bootstrappin' BurlyQ GurlyQ.)
3/17/13
Now I can really
relax and do some hunting. I powered
through Route 66 and Mad, Mad, World hunts.
I did not stop to take even one picture.
Renae caught up with me on the Steam 8 Hunt at The Steam Rose. Love these Kracken portals! She is giving over her time on the good
computer so that Belle can do the hunt with me so we just had a little time together today.
The time we
thought would be spent hunting was usurped, quite pleasantly, by Jordan Reyne
Deezul. She has not been inworld for a
while due to health problems, so it was an extra special treat to get her on
St. Patrick's Day. Oddly enough neither
of us had any luck o' the Irish outfits ready to go in the 5 minutes we had
before deciding to go to the show. But
the Union of the Snake protest outfit was apropos.











No comments:
Post a Comment