7/3/11
Well my SimLord Dave, who is awesome, yeah I think I said that before…anyway, he turned over most of the sim to Harry, who has been a super-duper busy guy remodeling everything on the land. He wants to change the look of the Cliff Houses to blend in a little better. Dave said that he might want to change my house. So I contacted Harry and he told me to take my pick of the new Cliff House Rental Units, and I did! He is even giving me the same rent, for a place that technically holds more prims (I will keep it to 100 though, unless it really does not matter). Anyways this is me packing up the champagne last :-) and saying goodbye to the view from this angle. I picked the first one on the other side of the cliff, so that like here I would only potentially have one close neighbor.I put on some moving clothes and hair, and went down to the new Cliff House. I quickly realized that I really did not have any furniture that I liked in this house except for this chaise and koi pix, since I did not really get into the Silk Road Hunt (because of timing). All my Macabre stuff was just not right, I really did not have much from the Silk Road, and the Superhero stuff really needs a special type of place. I was pouting on the chaise, throwing boxes on the floor, turning my nose up at objects and otherwise wondering what to do. Since most of my meager L$ went to dances and all the other accoutrements for auditioning at The Naughty Box, I figured I would just sit and sleep on the floor.
Then Belle came inworld and IM'ed me about how she had all this awesome stuff from the Silk Road and no where to put it since she really wanted to respect Chateau Renae and the $$ Renae was shelling out to be there. Of course I had just the answer for her…I got Harry to put her on the land group and we were off!... well really she was. I just hung some curtains and watched while she went crazy in here. I cannot believe how amazing it looks! I never thought I would have such a great place considering how little I have in the way of L$ and everything is so expensive.External view of The New Cliff House. From this angle you cannot see the Roman bath and massage table. I have an immense amount of respect for the designers and shop owners who give away things on hunts, and they will certainly have my patronage one day when I am a famous dancer!
Later that night we pulled Renae off the Midsummer's Hunt and soaked in the bath and then warmed ourselves by the fire. Love how the pose in the bean bag has us all sitting the same way :-0.7/6/11
Still in absolute love with my new place. Have not even gone out much, things just getting more and more steam-tastic outside. Harry has offered to build stairs for me down to the water's edge, since I like to hang out on beaches, though I have not got to do it much. I actually was confused and did not realize that the beachy areas that I wanted to hang out on belong to the neighbors. But it is really sweet that he was taking some of my wishes for the sim into account while he is doing all these major renovations. He also said something about turning the church into a venue, that is very exciting! I might be dancing on my home sim.
I have spent a lot of time in the Cliff House for the past few days, making outfits, lounging and organizing. I really should get out and do something…or maybe I will just drink more arak, for breakfast ;-}
7/13/11
After-party arak at the New Cliff House. I will let Renae tell the whole story of the evening but we had this greet noob-ish moment where we sat outside the Guerilla Burlesque Theater wondering why we could not walk in and five minutes later the doors rezzed in. Tukso Okey at the Idle Rogue, it is really fun to listen to live music inworld. I never thought that would be a thing I would do, but it is a blast. I do need some mellower dances for my Huddle that are more appropriate to blues. I have also fell in love with Jordan Reyne who performs there.7/14/11
![]() |
| The Hanged Man @ Trident |
Focused on the Skull and Bones Hunt for a few days so that I can finish it up. I would love to know how long experienced folks spend on these hunts. When I see the SL Freebie Hunters blog, I am amazed that they get all the stuff, unpack, take all the pictures and format the blog. There has to be a team on it, they are awesome. I do not use the blog to pick and chose what I get, but when I am flustered at a store I might see what the gift is and move on instead of getting a headache looking for the prize.
![]() |
| That is really the time: 3:15 am. |
I got the group notice to go The Rogue for Curti5 DJ'ing and a Superhero theme, but by the time I got around to putting an outfit together and getting there, it was all over. Jordan Reyne was playing on the stage and that was fun, she is really good, I am glad to have gotten turned on to her, there were a few Superheros left, but I was one of the only villians. I am in love with the Poison Ivy skin, hair, and outfit that I got on the Superhero Hunt. Afterwards Circus Noir, went in to check out the new outfit they were advertising, and played around on the sim for a while.
Have to say this is one of my most favorite photo shoots ever!
7/15/11
Taking a break at the New Cliff House with Belle. Love snuggling on this Turkish bed, though it is not a "snuggling" bed per se. I just learned the different cushions have different poses. If you say something to it (cannot remember what now :-(), the curtains draw up and the pillow fold in, the gears turn, and the bed tucks up. It is fun to watch but I love the bed being down too much to bother with folding it up.
7/16/11
I was thankful for the lounge chair and snacks. Powering through the Skull and Bones and I am feeling it. I cannot imagine how Renae is doing on the Midsummer's Hunt, it is twice as long. It is hard to keep my promise, I just keep finding those silly butterflies before the chests. (Really I promise to start keeping track of which shops and sims I take pix on, after this! It is only fair to the creators.)
The Royal Thai Gallery explored the new castle, it is really awesome. It is where I got my profile picture writing in a journal.I rode down this waterfall on the island three times, just for fun! Finished the SNB soon after that. Pictures from unpacking will came after I get back from RL vacation and there are a couple of other hunts I want to squish in before the end of July. I have so much to unpack, I am afraid to look in my inventory anymore.







This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete