Wednesday, August 10, 2011

On The Hunts...Again....


8/2/11

Technically this first part should be dated between 7/29 -31….

It seems like just yesterday that I  finished the Skull and Bones Hunt.  Before the end of July I had managed to get the best of the Rocky Horror (thanks to Belle), Darkness Behind Closed Doors, Out of this World, Born This Way/FckH8 and The Three Moons (for cool clothes, definitely have not intentions of being some dude's slave, yuck, some chick's slave, well I had not thought about that, Belle would be a good Owner ;-} ). 

The whole time I was teleporting around to clean up those hunts on the last days of July, I was thinking I really need to stop this for a while, and then I would see the I <3 80's and Wild Ones Hunt posters, and start drooling.  OK so they will be my last ones…for a while.  Renae wants me to take a no Hunts until September pinky swear.  I think I can after I finish these two or before my long RL weekend away, whichever comes first…maybe…anytime I commit to something I blow it.

Anyway, Wow!  I cannot believe I did all of that hunting in just a couple of days time.  I have no pictures to liven this up, could not stop long enough.  I did get to spend some time at the Maldo House with Belle which was real nice, no picture of that either, this is not that kind of blog. 

Renae and I have been debating the ethics of picking and choosing what we bother with on hunts based on the SL Freebie Hunters Blog (or even the blog for the hunt itself in the case of the Wild Ones Hunt).  But I have to say I am feeling bogged down with things I will never use and after unpacking at organizing a bunch of shizz, I am done with it.  That said, I am doing the 80's Hunt totally blind, since no one has blogged it yet.  I hope that the stuff is cool.  With the 80's it could go either way. 
(in)Discretions - best poster yet…


Belle put a script counter in the Maldo house, feeling more relaxed and wanting to change huntfits, I spent a good deal of time figuring that out.  I took the outfit I am wearing from 227 scripts to 9, pretty good huh?  It was mostly just my fabulous hair.  I am happy to know that it is scripts that are the laggers and not prims, I had been wearing lower prim hair (read; not good hair) when I go places and now I know that that is not really necessary, which makes me a pleased diva since I  bought special hair for going out/becoming a dancer and I thought it was rude to wear them to shows.  I was jealous of others who did not care so much about it.  The other thing I spent time on was starting to put my AO's onto Firestorm viewer, which I did not know what that was about until I got into this script redux diet research. 

Spent a lot of time learning about Firestorm which is good since I have been using it for about three weeks (under Renae's prompting) and had not really done any background reading.  I guess that is testimony to how easy it is to use or how much it is like the SL V2.  Wonder if I can use it for my dances too?  Wish I would have known before buying the EZ Huddle Deluxe (which I do love) but that is another script (or ten) I can toss.

Thought about starting the Waffle Fox Hunt since I love both Foxes and Waffles and the prizes had some cute stuff.  But I got to the HQ and could not figure out what to do next, and the blog was not very well organized.  I will just look for waffles every where I go on the 80's and Wild Ones Hunts. I really wish one of the prizes was these Llamas, they were so cute I cried tears of cuteness.


8/4/11



I know it was a trap but I could not resist riding the "Sour Pickles" Pickle, and it turns out I did it in front of an interesting guy who was tempting me to stray.  Like a good girl, I kept my IMs on the topic of hunting, not wanting to mess with the other good things I have going.   He was having just as much trouble on the Men's Hunt as I was with the 80's one in there, we were standing around forever in there.  The prize better be good.  I swear some stores set the prize giver to rez after 30 minutes or more.  Sometimes they show before anything else and others never show, or end up in a place I know I looked a bunch of times.

It is always intriguing in this world filled with perfect bodies when an avi really appeals to me.  He kind of threw me off. A footballer in build and sport, not my type at all, but his lack of interest in me (or even that he did not figure out that I was not on the Men's Hunt right away) is very appealing.   It really levels one playing field, but the one that avis cannot get around is their creator's personality.  You just cannot hide that with skins and shapes, it still comes through one way or another.


8/5/11
So I was hunting for a while when I got a notice from Vivienne Dufaux that she was doing a one woman show to celebrate the opening of The Charleston Grand Steamboat.  I took a deep breath and put on my fave 50's Polka Dot Dress, though 20's was the theme, I do not have anything from that era yet.  I had all kinds of trouble logging in to that sim.  Lag-tastic!  Way too many avatars for me to wedge my long legs in there.  I tried to sit and did ok, then I tried to change positions and I ended up underwater, sitting on some guys head, wonder if he knew that was where he was.  Wished I would have taken a picture of that, but I could not do anything. 

Eventually, while trying to fix myself or TP out of there, SL  logged me out.  I came back and tried again and this time it threw me underwater, leg bent back over my head,  into what must have been the backstage area, since both Vivienne and Trace (the MC) were down there too.  I took this screenshot when I was logging back in, again.  Oh well…maybe some other time.  I was bummed since I have yet to catch one of her shows.

SO SORRY VIV! I was mortified!  Nothing like a twisted up noob in your dressing room.

I went back to Maldo, still flaming red with embarrassment and put on my best leather and fishnets and went back out on The Wild Ones hunt.

The Hookah and Owl at the Deceiv shop were helping me feel a little bit like I am at home while I am so far away in RL.

Just as I was finishing up The Wild Ones, Renae logged in.  A little LaChance was just what I needed to feel good again…mmmm, hmmmmm…she even let me rez motorcycles in her new place.  At least I did not get oil on her nice wood floors, but I did get something else on them. *devious grin*  Good times, good times, indeed.  Starting to wish I could marry them both in SL!  They both have the two halves of what I need.  I might even give up guys for them….careful with the commitments, I tend to break them once made…no need to ruin a good thing.

My precious Biker Elf Chick!  Cannot wait to have her ride Bitch on my bikes!  Where does a girl go to ride and can two avus ride them?

No comments:

Post a Comment