Monday, April 30, 2012

Fairelands



    4/24/12

    I seriously think I have a problem.  No, I know I do, and I have written about it many times, but apparently that does not help me.  So I have limited time in SL and I want to use it wisely.  I have been hunting this weekend and have a ton of unopened/unsorted goods to contend with. I was happy to stop for a month, but then I noticed the Fantasy Faire had a hunt. And I am off again…chores left undone, outfits needing hung in the closet, boxes to unpack, items to sort…oh well, they will still be there when I am done.



    Walking without moving…I waited and waited…and walked and walked....

    Got all dudded up…still loving this outfit and had to wear it again since it seemed to be on theme.  I ran out the door all excited and onto the sim and slap…the lag grabbed me.  So I waited at the landing point and read the website on the Faireland Saga hunt.  That did not help.  Stood aside while everything loaded.  Set my draw distance higher just cuz I wanted to see something, then promptly brought it back down.  I went home and removed my scripts, going from 78 to 9, oops that was an unfortunate oversight, and then tried again.  I went to the library, figuring no one would be there and I could get the HUD and try to start.  I know I do not really have the time for this hunt, RL needs are hovering close, but at least I bought the HUD and the money is going to Relay for Life, even if I did not use it. 

    I had to go home again to unpack the HUD, and was not really feeling very optimistic about actually even starting the hunt anytime soon.  I tried to get interested in unpacking the other hunts I did recently, but they just could not sustain my interest.  So I went in anyway and ran as fast as possible in whatever direction I could.


    I came out in Devil's Locket - Chillin' atop a steam powered paciderm!


    Looking out from this vantage point reminds me of Daenerys looking into the opened gates of Qarth for the first time.


    "The ruins of an ancient race embraced shard number six
    Hidden amongst the gnome toes and the softly glowing sticks"
    The Ruins of Nu Orne...hmmmm.gnome toes....


    Posing with the Material Squirrel's Winged Chipmunk at Meanderville, it is so earnest and thoughtful in its pose.  I am in love with it!


    Meanderville's fantastical windmills!


    Found the underwater build, Siren's Secret, and was warned of sharks, but fortunately did not see one. *wink*.  The three behind me did not see me.  And another Kudos to Yasum for this awesome mermaid outfit.  She does it all!

    Enjoyed Shifting Sands as well, wanted  to explore more, but was getting tired.  The way sand was moving like water everywhere reminded me of Arrakis.  Could not wait to take in my haul, by getting back to the library with my completed HUD. 


    When I went back I got stuck in the landing point again.  It would be the same picture as the first one in this blog, but without the wings.  Walking without moving.

    IMHO, I am sure the reasons for this short window for a build are sure to be numerous, but why could it not last a month??  It is fantastic.  They could put a small percentage of the money raised to covering the extra tier fees, and a small stipend for the people in charge.   As long as it was transparent, publicly reported, it would be offset by more money raised.  So much time and talent should be enjoyed in a less lagged environment, which could be achieved by increasing the amount of time that the build is up.

    Looking to the future, unpack, oh why bother?

    I knew I could not pass this one up...



    Next Month…Sanity falls out of my head and off the end of my inventory….

1 comment:

  1. Fairelands would have been fun, but RL was kicking me those two weeks. Glad you got to enjoy some of it!

    ReplyDelete