Thursday, May 31, 2012

Laying Low & Avoiding The SL Inventory Eater


    5/3/12

    Ahhh, a lovely laggy evening for me.  I heard tales of problems across the grid, so it was the pixel gods saying to just stay home and sort inventory.  This is the project that will consume me this month, at least that is my intention. I want to have it all done, outfits made, things in their places, so that I can finally move on.  But I know addiction and when that next hunt that I cannot resist comes my way, I will TP right outta here and go on to gather thousands more inventory bits.  I was suppose to be on the Inventory Reduction Diet that Renae challenged the Chateau Amazons to do.  Reduce you inventory by 10%!  You will feel better, move more freely across the grid, yada yada yada.  But like all good diets, I immediately went out and did the exact opposite with The Faireland Saga and two other hunts.  Try as I might I am only as good as my typist wills me to be. *smirk*


    Eventually I could not stay in Blaze's Box, everything in the house was rebaking,  going fuzzy to clear and back again and it made me nauseous.   While I was waiting for the TP to fail, I was jotting down these notes and then bang I am out of SL.  Cannot decide if I should log back in or go to bed.  Log back in of course, I had a half hour to get shit done and I really want to do something. 

    Got to see the sunrise bring Belle's Airship into focus while standing in the living room, that is pretty awesome actually.  See what I would have missed if I actually went to sleep at a reasonable hour?

    5/6/12

    Stash Bash - Unpacking the Bowl

     
    [circa] Hipster pose prop
    Snatch Marley Bikini and shorts
    *DD* Cassiel Tie Dye Boots
    Curious Kitties Skin
    A&A Hair (past gift)


    Mudhoney - Keep Calm and Whatever Bean Bag and Poster
    Grim Bros - Wearable couch that gave me the jitters so I sat on the bean bag and included the table that goes with the couch.
    Has Been - Mary Janes PJs with mesh pants that actually fit me! I tend to dislike mesh

    I finally did it, acknowledging the creators of my fave hunt goods.  I cannot imagine doing a blog like SL Freebie Hunters.  So much time and effort, just for the good of the community.  They are obviously getting burned out on it because they are not posting very often.

    The idea also came to me that I am not blogging for high fashion freebies, so I really should not stress on the fact that I cannot keep track of the details.  That is not my purpose here.  I just thought I should do it because that is what the other people do on the blogs that I read, like the aforementioned and Fab Free.  If I could just work on noting where I take pictures and my fave freebies, I think that would be fair.  Phew, that resolution to just be me makes me feel much better. *~smile~*

    5/7/2012

    Daily Card Reader says:  Wheel of Fortune
    Blaze DeVivre, Divination Expert, says:  Happy Rez Day!


    The Wheel of Fortune and the letter B, got me the Zombie Ballet outfit from Sn@tch lucky board which goes perfectly with these free shoes from TipToe.

    How did I spend my Rez Day?  With Dharma, the Great Dane, in Renae's bubble which is rather empty right now and does not eat my stuff when I rez it.  I put down a grass layer for her so a dialog box does not pop up everytime you touch the ground.  She will be pleased!  Dharma Pup is very sweet but will not listen to me.  (Renae has not told this incarnation of her to obey me yet.)  So we kind of ignored each other most of the time, except for when she was shoving me out of the way. 

    Well it was uneventful, none of my peeps were inworld, it is a Tuesday.  I did IM with Belle while she was working, but mostly to tell her to buy the Super Organizer by Jean Feuilles.  I got a trial version from Jean on Mock Cosmetics Group chat.  The Mocksters are the best.  I rezzed this trial version here and it is fantastic!  Jean was listening in on the M.O.C.K. group and went into Market place and made some more trial versions available for us.  Super Sweet!  Belle needs the full version, for sure.


    Played with it for a while and then I dragged out my Props and Poses gift from a while back and finally figured out how to use it, so I loaded backgrounds until I got bored of it, and then took pictures.


    Kind of a pathetic rez day considering how epic I envision my life here.  But you know opening these organizers and playing around with them is part of my to-do list, but even more importantly, it is inspiring. 

    Oh well we will make up for it this weekend, or at least reasonable attempts will have been made.  We all are sucked into our RLs this weekend.  It is Belle and Renae's RL anniversary and I will engaged in general mischief. ; }

    On a finishing note…I felt like the opposite of the Grecian statues of Women with no head or arms.  I am fully in control, with brains to think and arms to create, but the rest of my body is masked.  Hmmm…Got Metaphors?



    5/12/12

    Inventory blues...It is getting a bit over whelming...and boring...what is a good midway goal??

    Spending my last 4 SL sessions on organizing my closet.  Extracting outfits that I want, tossing what I will never wear, and making a lot of "starts," outfits that need everything but skin and eyes.

    It is tedious, does not inspire me to late night sessions, but I feel that I need it all to be in order for the actual process of getting a job.  I will not have this kind of time to sort through things and build outfits.  When I start working I will have to log in, make a few tweaks and go.  The things I want to do neatly fit into the windows of SL time that I have.

    But is it also just the way I create in RL? I have a lot of supplies and produce little work.  I get an inspiration, gather materials and then not follow through, on to the next inspiration.  It has been troubling me for a long time.  And to paraphrase Ender's moment of insight; I need to stop burning through, let the coals smolder and create.


    5/14/12

    I rode the wave of compulsivity all the way through my outfit bases folders.  That meant spending the rest of the weekend cleaning up my clothing folder and making a million outfit starts.  Now I am ready to pull it out and slap on the other accessories.  It was mind-numbing, boring, and made me want to TP around to find more freebies.  I mostly maintained control, I went out for a little dancing last night at Lesbian Paradise, some board slapping at Rag Dollz, checked out the new clubhouse at [mock]and joined Chop Zuey (on a Mockster's reccommendation, I needed some more jewelry options, well I do not really need anything).  I tended my folders while dancing at LP, still annoyed by the reduction in quality chat, or any chat that was not a gesture, for that matter, just lots of emote spam, so it was easy to just pretend that I was really a part of anything.

    I spent hours in my house, at Renae's Pad and finally at Belle's Box.  I had to move around again because the walls and floor of my box were still refreshing over and over and it was hard to be around.  Thought it was just my house until Renae's did it too.  Not sure what it means for my computer.  I checked it on another friend' computer and it did it too, damn grid.  I am one of those who sacrificed some no copy items to the Lab's void.  It was the week of grid problems and no word from LL what the deal is, so lots of grunting about. 

    I also started tackling the landmark issue.  They breed like fruitflies drawn to the nectar of a hunter.  I think I will tackle the objects folder next month.  But I will continue to get rid of land marks.  Notecards you just wait, you are next!  Don't say I did not warn you!

    What no pictures?  Yeah I was so consumed with spring cleaning, that  I did not snap even one to validate my existence in a time and place on the grid.

     5/26/12

    Making up with some pictures now.
    Watching the moonrise over the Public Sandbox in Ferox.  Had a lot of boxes to unpack from DV8's closing sale.  They are closing their inworld store and only selling on Marketplace.  So everything in the store was L$50. I spent my allowance and a little more.  All of us did, Renae, Ender, Belle and I were all there sometimes together, sometimes not, but we tried to wipe the store clean and then we still hung out at the Lucky Boards since we knew that was our last chance to do one of our fave things. 

    I have always loved their stuff, but was limited to sales associated with hunts and the Lucky Boards.  So I got all the accessories I needed to complete some of the outfits I had scored and a whole lot more.  I understand they are going to focus on just living in SL and doing fun things.  They deserve it.


    For now, I am wearing "DeathProof" with green plaid jeans, matching Green Maiko Hair and Trashtalker boots.  Loving that they made an outfit based on the Tarentino film.  You are going to be seeing a lot of this outfit….

    I caught Belle logging in and checked to see if she wanted company.  We had both been missing each other so I popped over to her place in New Babbage.


    We then went back to Maldo and watched the stars from the bow of her air ship.  I had really not spent any time on it yet, especially with my Belle.
     

1 comment:

  1. So bummed we did not get to spoil you like you did for us on our Rez Days...promise to make it up!

    ReplyDelete