5/27/12
Sanity Falls -
Mad Pea Hunt.
One Helluva long
day…only one day?, you ask, how is that possible? Only because Ender's typist was sitting on
the couch with me, eating Pirate Booty puffs, puffing away, and pointing me
around. He had already finished the
hunt a week or so ago. I will throw in
some of his pics from it, I made him e-mail them to me. He was having laptop issues so he could not
be in-world to guide me. It was a
little bit of a cheat, but I got to savor the adventure, he had fun this time and he said doing it the first time just
stressed him out.
I am pretty damn
sure the hunt will be over and I will not say anything too revealing if it is
not, so if there are some major black out points that is why. OK so I skipped putting a good shot of the
sim, but there are a lot of those around.
I also will not go into the premise, it is all here. But I will showcase what I did enjoy about
it. The mood, the quality of the build,
the Twin Peaks-like aesthetic.
Side
Note: All the Amazons agree that putting our avis in every picture is not
about vanity, though we love our digital selves, it is about perspective and
having a participant in each shot. And
maybe a little vanity from Renae, Ender, and I. Belle is the one who came up with that noble
explanation. But that is more true that
the vanity part, we will say 80%/20% in favor of perspective. What do you think?
The Taxidermist's
shop was a particular favorite of mine.
Mostly because I
am a big fan of Jackalopes!
The whole town
was deserted, and grungy. Every
texture, every detail tended to, very well designed.
The smudges on
the blackboard are a great touch of authenticity.
"Today class
we are learning about oxidation or hydrochlorides or some such."
That would be me
teaching a chemistry class. Clueless but appreciative of all the little
molecules that work so hard for me everyday.
Alex and Livea
being "creeped" on by cameras while they sleep. They did not know that they were the stars
at the local movie theater.
Got all 50 phone
numbers and hit the stores…halfway there, just need to collect envelopes of
money to raise her ransom.
Carrie's Dreams
Lingerie has a lovely little Alice artist's studio.
There was a
couple of builds within the gathering of envelopes of money, each intended to distort reality. This one put you in a room with four TVs,
this TV went best with the reds and greens in my outfit. *Smirk* Apologies to
Renae the Vegetarian.
At the end it was
all like "Go jump off a bridge" literally, and it eventually took
you to…
…this room, a few
plot twists later. The ending was not what I expected, very well constructed, because it pissed me off and made me laugh. If I was Alex I probably would have killed Livea at that point.
Have to tell you
a little story on Ender. He could not
figure out how to work the keypads to get in the final room because there was
a code that relates letters to the numbers on the keypad on a traditional
phone. He never texted much in the
early days, during the time consuming art of pressing the numbers to get
letters. But he did get a Blackberry
early on, and later a smart phone, so he never had to do it "old
school," so he could not figure out which numbers were associated with
which letters. He tried to look it up
on the interwebs and had no luck. Group chat was intentionally vague. It took another female avi coming along to
help him figure it out. If he was a
macho man, he would have been absolutely mortified, but he is not, so he was
not. He is used to me saving his
ass. If it was a cute guy, well that's
another story. But the punch line was
that he had the HUD closed, and there was a keypad right there on the screen
all along. DORK! If you were any less than yourself I would
not love you so much, Ender. The
alliance with the other gal allowed them to TP each other around to get the
last bit of info that they needed. I
had to do that alone, since he had to go before I got there. So it worked out for him.
THIS WAS THE BEST
HUNT EVER!!!
Mad Pea has
raised the bar again! This was well
written and produced. The town builders
and the stores all did a fantastic job!
I do not mind finding twice the clues/items (phone numbers and
envelopes of money) since all the merchants involved give two gifts. The best was the three+ plot twists that the
storyline took in the last moments of the hunt after which I wanted to kidnap
Livea and torture her for doing that to Alex.
5/29/12
So I think that
Belle may have gotten Harry's affliction.
As soon as he had finished planning his city he would tear it down to
the grass and water again. Granted what
she is going is on a much smaller scale.
She said it was inspired by some digging for Tesla items and a heat
wave in her town that made her want to go swimming. I like this, it has potential, maybe it will
be around for a while.
What you cannot
really see is me in a skimpy bikini and Belle in a Victorian swimsuit that
covers her; neck to elbow and knees. I
felt very overdressed and realizing I have no period swimwear. Maybe there will be a historical swimwear hunt some time.
5/30/12
Oh my Ender!
Belle put her old spa out on his porch in the Linden Burbs. He went in on the Premium account rush with
Renae, since it meant that he could actually make a few Lindens. He likes having his own place. I am glad he is nest-making here in SL.
Drinking Rum and
Cokes while soaking and watching the sunset.
Life is good no matter where I go here.
Laughing because
I just told Ender that I hijacked his avi the other night and took him to
Guerilla Burlesque. I
knew he was out of town with his man, so he would not be around and I was
lonely. I really did not think that he
had not changed his password since I made him.
Double DORK! At least I can tell
his man that he is not hiding anything, cause he did not care about that
detail. He is a good man! After it sank in, he told me I can do that
anytime, just take pictures so he knows where he has been, and to not have
SLex with any strange men or women with his avi. No worries on that matter, not my MO…just
fun to tool around as a full on dude sometimes, not just the poser BlazeBoi.














Missing Ender! Also bummed I missed that hunt RL is such a pain! Muaw!
ReplyDelete