10/3/12
KaTink has successfully moved and rebranded
themselves after a particularly douchey move on the part of one of their former
creators. They are truly amazing! I have been trying to support them amidst
their change and fortunately I have been in the market for backgrounds for my
new acts.
I also took a
little time to play around with their scene rezzer. This one accurately represents my life lately
while getting my two acts ready for audition.
10/6/12
Audition tonight,
think I am gonna die here waiting. My
time got moved from when I thought it was, and so I am moving from first to
third. The more I look at the GB FB
pictures, the more I worry that I really am a hack. I have worked hard on these routines, sets,
costumes, etc. But everyone there is so
amazing. I will not be able to match
some one with more scripting ability, or who have friends that have that
ability. Oh well, just doing it is a
big thing for me and I am proud of my work.
I really love my second act, I really hope I get to share it. It is fun and cute and sexy.
This was an
attempt at distraction, playing with backgrounds, wishing I was somewhere fun,
instead of stuck here without the Amazons.
Belle and Renae picked the wrong evening to be gone, but it was
unavoidable. Sigh….
Post Script:
YAY!! That was fun and crazy, never been nervous in
SL before. I not only performed for the first time for someone besides my
Amazons, but it was only all my fave SL dancers. A truly nerve-wracking experience, but so
invigorating. No matter what the
outcome, I am proud of my accomplishments here tonight. I think I will decorate my new room to calm
down, though really I just want to party!
10/7/2012
You are now
reading the blog of a Guerilla Burlesque Dancer! I GOT THE JOB!!! I guess I did impress them! Cherry said she made a spot so that she could
kidnap me. I am so stoked! Since I started playing around with creating
acts a month ago, I opened a flood gate of creativity and it feels amazing! As you can tell by the frequency of
exclamation points!
I am playing on my
new bed in my new room in Chateau Renae.
The bed was a prize in the Steam7. Epic Toy Factory is the best!
10/8/2012
Resume
change! This was my story for the
"Job" I had listed on FB:
Not Working At Work 5/6/11-10/8/12
"Really
should get a job, just cannot commit to anything in SL, I use it for freedom
from responsibilities of RL. But there
are some fun projects on the horizon...."
Now having reached
the horizon, I am working hard to not be working on work at work! If that makes
any sense. :)
But I am supposed
to be working hard on getting my debut act together, I have picked the perfect
song, now just deciding on the set and costume.
But of course instead of actually accomplishing anything, I just danced
on the roof and took pictures for quite a while. I updated my status on Facebook with another
image from this session, so that I could
stop taking pictures. A post of this
procrastination is definitely the celebration of becoming apart of GB and being
thrilled to just being in this pixelated skin.
10/14/2012
My debut act is
coming together nicely. I was pushed in
the direction of non-derivative work and love the results! I was going a more predictable path before
this direction change.
Spent some time
playing in the new Cabaret that Belle bought for me as a Congrats!
Present. It is old school, but so is she
and I have the desire to do some traditional BurlQ hiding under all the
non-Traditional work I will be doing with GB.
I think that our next house will have to be this club. It has rooms upstairs for the performers, a
proper cabaret/brothel. *wink*
Renae has been
training to be a host at Rag Dollz, she will be amazing at it, but it is
distracting her from giving me her full attention. She is also seeing an increase in her work
load in RL. Silly girl and her needs.
*smirk* No I am proud of her for getting
the job, but I do not know if they know what they really got themselves into,
she is a spitfire of ideas and creativity and loves to share it. Not everyone appreciates that as much as I do
(and presumably Belle) so hopefully she will not step on toes just getting her
foot in the door.
10/15/2012
Kinda freakin'
out...many crashes on my good computer, think graphics card is going. It has
lasted longer than it should so I am not complaining, just crappy timing.
*insert sad face here* Think happy thoughts of rapid repairs!
10/19/2012
OK so I am on SL
Viewer2 (when I usually am on Firestorm) since it is running SL better on this
crappier desktop that I have. I had an
outbreak of my undead allergy about a week early, the zombie count is high
right now. Then I go looking for the
Halloween build on Idle Rogue and find this lovely spring forest...it is all
getting to be a bit much....
It is going to be
a little while to get straightened out, riding the roller coaster of despair or
disrepair, parts are on backorder and I am getting my new computer in a week or
so. Biting nails, not sure I will make
it to my first rehearsal in one piece.






No comments:
Post a Comment