Friday, January 27, 2012

The Maldonian Dilemma

    1/6/12
    Who was I before I had this place?  What the hell did I do?  Hung out in sandboxes and Chateau Renae.  Well I was sorting through new scores when I got word that Harry has got his own sim and will be done with Maldo in a few weeks.  That sat me down for some thinking.  Dave will have to find new renters, and it is a big unknown as to what will happen to my skyline house or Belle's Skypad.  Hopefully they will want to rent to us. 
    Renae was the first to hear the news. She came over to rally me to go to Guerilla Burlesque.  She broke it to Belle who was at work.   We discussed options for a while.  But then we rallied and enjoyed the show and some dancing afterward.
    Early the next morning but late night on Maldo.  Belle and I discussing the future of our life on Maldo and the possibilities of renting land here now that Harry is gone.
    Sure would be nice to have land to build in, but it would take most of the modest resources we are investing in SL.  I have other things I want to do.  I am still heart set on being a performer.  Every time I get word that good places are looking for some hostesses or dancers, I feel one step closer to making the commitment.
    1/9/12
    I spent a lot of time at my place catching up on organizing my closet while I still have it deeded to a land and I can use it.
    My Boi Shape
    So I was inspired by this skin mishap to know what my boi shape would be like.  What would my identical twin brother look like?  Well this is him.  I took my shape and made it male, I needed to tweak a few more things to make him less disproportioned...just need to find some redder hair and he will be set.  I like it better than the male shapes I have acquired in my inventory.  I hope Ender does not think he is too irresistible…I might have to loan him to Ender's man sometime for a date!  Come to think of it I can see some resemblances to his partner…wait a minute, hold the phone!  Uhmmm….uhhhhh…yeah…did I just write that out loud?
    1/10/12
    What to wear?  Go to the closet...who will I be?  What will I do tonight?  Look through several pages and give up. Got a notice to go to Ellie's Burlesque House.  That sounded like a treat since I am rarely inworld in time to see their shows.  It also gave me an outfit inspiration. 
    I wanted to pick up some group skins on the way, before I forgot.  That made my timing bad, I could not get onto Viva La Glam before it is full.  Was happy to wear this new dress from the Vintage Fair and do some posing on the sim afterward.  Then I called Ender and made him come hang out with me.
    Ender's Evening.  We slapped some boards, at DV8.  We wanted to get matching Cyberpunk outfits to make a squad with Renae and Belle.  He does not know it but I am trying to convince him of why he should go in with Belle, Renae and I on a tier. We went to GS Estates office.  I did not make it too easy to figure out why he is not on Renae's place just yet, stressing the importance of him having his own share of a place.  Arm twisting, need to have investors lined up.  Belle and I still have some work on Renae to do, but she is almost ready.
    We ran some individual errands and then went back to Maldo.  It said he was in the house but he had really logged off/crashed and when I came home I got to see this…
    He is the little spot walking off into the air and out onto the sea…rofl!
    1/12/12
    Spent time with Ender organizing clothes.  Apparently he went shopping and freebie gathering with Renae last night.  They were made for each other!
    Ydea outfit and Human Revolution pose and backdrop from .::Poise::.  He is getting the hang of the fashion thing.  It has enhanced that part of him, it is fun to watch!  He just needs to wear shoes, unless he is going to copy Mr. Koi who always has a direct connection to the virtual earth.
    Consultation at Renae's place, he has gotten on the group here so lots of space to unpack.
    1/15/12
    Yay!  An Evening with Renae!
    We were determined to see if we were a match.  We tried this one at Rag Dollz then the one at PeKaS. 
    90% at Pekas too…guess are not cosmically matched but I am sorry a 100% match would be boring.  I think we might even be a little too much alike.  Wonder if Belle would do any better with either of us??
    The next morning after picking up the For Whatever Hunt gift from FA, I spent some time trying to get the attention of the fry cook in this 50's diner.  He works at the Club Enchanted Diner and Love Trill stalked him in her post on Fab Free.  He did not give her the time of day either.  Maybe he is just painfully shy?  Or maybe Ender would have better luck! 
     
    1/22/12
    Getting Pre-Nostalgic - Things will change soon, or not, who knows.
     The Cliff House and Dave's Trailer, Lighthouse, Cave, and Gallery.  I know that he will look out for us.  But if the new tenants do not want to have renters, there is not much anyone can do about it.  Wish I had the L$ to rent my own land this size, but that will probably not happen without me becoming an escort.
    Yasum rebuilt the store and it looks fantastic.  LOVE the Cosmic Orca Tank under the glass floor!  I hung out there for a while taking it in.
    Have not been inworld much, same old story RL dragging me around.  Logged in last night with the desire to hunt.  Not a good plan.  Started the FTLO Millennium Hunt and quit after one shop.  I know all the good reasons for making hunts that require you to get the one gift in order to move to the next and not having hints and making things as extremely hard as possible since there are a lot of cheats out there.  But I also know as a hunter there are a lot of things that could go wrong along the way and when you know you are on the right thing that is supposed to be on sale for L$1 and it is not you cannot move forward.  BS!  So I quit.  I do not mind paying L$1 per item but not for a hassle and to spend hours stuck in one place.  It does not make me want to buy anything, ever, from that store outta fear of more hassles and wondering if they are trying to scam me to buying the full price item that I cannot afford.
    Gonna miss this view!  If I move…still unknown.  And thanks Belle for the lovely gown!  (which I am not showing off properly)
    There!  I misplaced a Wardrobe picture.  You picked well Belle!  It feels good to be acknowledged as classy sometimes too!
    1/23/12
    I did some retail therapy by spending all my gift certificates from Grumble.  Alli is very generous with those and I had fun picking up some new stuff, which stupidly enough I forgot to take any pictures of anything.  I did buy some stuff too, felt bad only getting free stuff.
    Had a stressful RL day so I took a bath in both lives, and while enjoying this one I sorted my boots and heels into folders by color and sometimes style, depending.  I know it is limiting to only hang out at home with this fantastic world out there but sometimes, after a day of RL social-ness I find peace whiling away the hours playing dress-up and organizing. 
    And as usual my spritely lovely Renae came by and rallied me out of introspection and onto something else.  She needed help redecorating her place.  Code  for "Come get your stuff."  I wanted to take some more pix of this place before it is gone, just love this couch.  Came up with some possibilities for moving off Maldo, one of which involves her doubling the size of her bubble and the three of us moving in together.  It is very sweet, but they need their space for when Belle is out of town in RL if you know what I mean. *a wink and a nod* Say no more!  I am fine, they keep me occupied, so I am not as in need of my own place, but I like decorating with my stuff.   
    Just counted on my fingers, WHOA!  Eight months of hanging with these two and it has broken several records for me in RL.  The connections, the strands of time and space that bind us in this virtual world and keep us separate in the real world gives strength to a very powerful give and take.  They continue to be the best thing about my SL!  And I can see that continuing for a long while into the future.
    1/26/12
    Got notice that Vivienne Dufaux is hiring for hostesses and dancers.  I am still apprehensive about committing to being anywhere at a given time, I can barely do that in RL.  But thinking I would apply got me thinking about what I would wear and if I had enough to pull off the style required for that job. 
     First thought was I needed a photo shoot to update my profile picture…so off to the Virtual Railway Consortium for me!
    1/27/12
    TIGERFISH SkyHouse, here I come!  Yea!  Belle's Box remains the same!  Double YAY! We can stay!
    Dave IM'ed me while I was waiting for a RiotVend board to go down a little lower @ Sn@tch.  Gave up on that project and rushed home to pack up.  I got slice of the sky with the same space and prim allotment that Belle has.  SWEET!  I am stoked! 
    Packing Up in this fabulous Harlow Gown…
    Luckily Renae was around and got Belle to come stop working in the other room and help me get the last of the stuff.  For some reason I could not take down my curtains, but she could return them to me. Oh SL you glitch my heart!
    Goodbye to Our Maldo Skyline House #3.  It was fun while it lasted!  I am forever grateful for the seed money they gave me to get here in the first place.
    A little Champagne to celebrate these fabulous months on the Cliffs of Maldo with the Amazons!  They are so sweet to make it a point to hang with me, they had RL concerns and most of the night took shifts, well at least until they snuck off to Belle's, while I dealt with putting up my new box.  And hung out with Dave a little while he set me up...a good man indeed!  I almost knocked him off the platform when I put out the Studio box.  He said he was knocked out by my box!  Rub his giant pointy hair!
    Belle and the new box sigh…I am a happy woman!   Visions of loveliness all around, especially on this couch.  The windows are only one way, it looks like a brick building from the outside.  Brilliant!
    I adore my new skystudio!  It is fantastic, now I just have to find the right furnishings. Think I am going to turn it over to Belle once I get the things out that I have.  She has some treasures that do not fit in her place.  I think the premature nostalgia made me ready to leap into the future.  This will be fun!



1 comment:

  1. I know this is months late, but you will not be surprised. I did read this when it came out then did not get to comment, der. Anyway, I am glad you got to stay in the sky on Maldo and it has been a great house to hang in. Love you and thankful that we are still hangin'!

    ReplyDelete