11/17/2012
I Ruthed the hell
outta that one! I was a cloud most of
the night, despite getting there early and no one noticing. Shippy told me to go elsewhere and rebake
etc. but I thought I was fine after that, but apparently not and just before I
went on stage I found out I was a cloud to most folks.
Cherry put on an
extra intro song and was about to call it off.
I re-logged while on stage and tried to de-ruth, which really just ended
up making me look like the love child of me and Bilbo Baggins in the end. I was wearing the glitch pants and top of an
outfit I thought I took off hours ago.
While I was performing, people said they could see me, but the red cloud
flu was all I could see. There are pix
of what I looked like on FB, it was not pretty so I will skip putting them
here. This is how I want to be
remembered, a darling Hobbit dancing her furry feet off to "Misty Mountain Hop" a la Zepparella cover.
And all reports
were good that I in fact looked the way I was intending to at the after-party:
This dress was a
prize from The Runway Perfect Hunt and could have been the cause of my
demise. Upon further investigation I
have come to find out that mesh and the newest Firestorm Viewer are not really good
friends all the time and when they argue, I crash. >.<
11/18/2012
Confession, I
hijacked Ender for some dancing, was thinking about potentials in choreography
and needed another body. He never
changed his password after I made him. I
run around as him when I want to get freebies for him or need to fix stuff in
his inventory, so he has no motivation to change. But he will be co-starring as himself with
me on the "Shaken Not Stirred" Hunt here real soon. The RL Boy gave his approval for an
excursion, Ender has to rebuild his trust with RL Boy. Fingers crossed for some good goodies from
that one.
I just do not
understand the sideways moves that dances get sometimes. Is it the interaction of the dance and the
dance system? Or is it that we all just
tilt a little to the left naturally and it is more obvious when bustin' a move
with an old animation?
11/24/2012
Renae came in last
night and undid the huge mess I left in the house. Like in RL I threw a bunch of stuff, rugs,
paintings, furniture, on the ground and
then left for more funner activities like hunting. She came in and put it all together and it
looks great. Our little home above the
cabaret is fantastic!
Belle re-textured
the whole upstairs and added my favorite windows from the old skybox. I was blown away! The light, the green and red is fantastic! I also got the pleasure of a drop-in with
Belle. She has been less scarce, and she
has been sneaking in when I am not around.
Not very eventful
photo-wise Hunting the Shaken Not Stirred was not as photogenic as the Steam
Hunts by any stretch of the imagination.
Maybe as we unpack we will some pix.
Black Friday is a
sin! My typist always practices Buy
Nothing Day, and is real good at it until this year. As all good sins, they must be performed, and
I got caught shopping for dances. Today
Belle caught me dragging Ender around on the hunt as an Alt. Stupidly I tried to fake it, but it did not
work. She had me pegged almost
immediately. Which is weird since he and
I are quite similar in chat styles (in RL too) since he is my Bro.
11/25/2012
Belle had a
building marathon and then sat and watched me work on my sets with a glass of
whisky. Things got very quiet on her end
and I realized that she had snuck of for a nap while I was chattering away. I did not notice for quite a while and
thought she was in other chat, but like this picture, she was one with her
seat. She is pulling long hours and it
takes its toll.
11/27/2012
Some days building
is hard, just the limitations on choices can be frustrating. The part that gets me is how, just after I
settle on something I always find something better that is more expensive and
from a store/designer that I had no idea existed.
I am just going to
sit here and freeze my ass off for a little while and think about it. I am tired of dropping my money on things
that I end up not using. I have a quite
limited cash flow especially since I got my new computer. *pout*
And then I came
out of the cave and saw this sky and was once again reminded of the boundless
collective imagination, and I sighed with gratitude.
This week's act
was not what I was planning on but it has sentimental value. First song to choreo with my barre and set up a notecard for. It was
the song that jumped off the playlist and said "Just Do It!" start putting together your acts and the
venue/troop will come. I am going to
take an open slot later in the month so I am going to move my holiday inspired
number closer to the holiday since it is still early. Am a little discombobulated since I had
everything set to do another act at rehearsal.
But it is all good, and I am pleased!
Renae finally had
some inworld time off. Her RL schedule
has been such that when she is inworld she is working and plus Belle needs the
good computer sometimes too. So what did
she do on her night off? Make outfits
and tell me all about her job! Doesn't
matter, it was fun to chill with her, and to watch the endless variation of her
loveliness was quite entertaining. I was
doing some boring file sorting while she made sense out of all her new work
clothes. She is having fun with her job
and the associated clothing, so happy for her!
11/28/2012
Five hours in a
sandbox. Unpacking a hunt is one thing,
but there was a whole folder bursting with other acquisitions from the
trail. It caused my inventory to jump
further into undesired numbers again. I
am going to have to do something about that.
Well I have been setting the framework, and Renae is working on it too,
so I have the inspiration. I just know
that the Holidays are the absolute worst times for starting a diet! Gifties and prezzies are like the cookies at
the office, they keep appearing and keep disappearing, even though they are not
really on the plan.
I do love this
dress! I do not love that I had to
change my smallest mesh shape to fit into it though. It is my constant annoyance with mesh
designers. Just consistency in sizing,
and inclusion of XL would be nice, if you can put in a XS you can put in a
XL. I tend to not go back to those
designers who are sizist. The hunt reaped loads of
clothes to put on and sort. Ender is
going to be stoked when he gets to his suits.
We will do a photo shoot when he gets it sorted (or more likely I go in
and sort it for him). Hey that sounds
like a plan, but for now, I will ride out of the sunset.











No comments:
Post a Comment