11/1/12
GB Halloween Show
My First Performance!!!
Lita Ford -
"Kiss Me Deadly", some 80's-ish jeans and hair, and the set of an
arachnophobe's nightmare. Not bad for a
few days turn around time from idea to complete act. I was pleased! The choreo on it worked out so easily, the
moves just right.
Poor Jess had to
derez some of my set so she could watch my act.
Being someone who thoroughly loves creepy crawlies, I forget that some
people just cannot take it, the slithery slimies certainly trigger that little part
of our base monky brain that says be afraid of that creature. I just love them anyway, maybe because I like
the thrill of playing with dangerous things.
11/2/12
It is sad for me
that Belle and Renae cannot be there for performances, but I say it
carefully. Friday night has been their
night since they moved in together many, many years ago. It is either date night or their gaming group
meets so if they are inworld at all, it is after the show. They also have a hard time getting to watch
without crashing. I have been very clear
that I do not want to interfere on that level.
Primary relationships are most important. It has been this way for as long as I have
known them except for a brief period where they got to go to shows with
me. They also go to bed long before
rehearsal time so I cannot drag them there either. So for now, I will have to be content for
giving private performances. *wink*
What I do know is that I would not be here without them. Having them at the show is like that ganache on a super luscious chocolate torte that is delish, but not necessary. They have been there for me the whole time, with emotional and monetary support that is unrivaled in altruism. I am more grateful than I can ever express for these two lovelies!
(Renae bought a
Pose prop from Behavior Body that is fantastic! She is getting the modeling portion of the
studio looking fab!)
BTW: Ender cannot make it into crowded venues on his back country internet, most of the time. His typist did come and sit with my puppeteer as she negotiated the performance. But I think he got annoyed, because she was trying to stay calm, so she did not watch all of the other acts.
11/3/12
Warming up my HUD
in the setting sun on the roof of the theater was a good calming
influence. I know that midnight is the
pref setting for the show, but I do well with the default "night"
setting (which is really dusk/sunset). I
can see everyone's set and costumes clearly.
But I never saw that setting outside the theater before tonight and on
the new computer it is lovely.
My official debut
and my first group act all in one night.
Gnarls Barkley's
"Storm Comin" came out amazing and I am thrilled! I was scared the HUD would be too much, there
was 70 people on the sim and there were moments of lag, quite tremendous.
I need to take
better shots of my acts! I do them to
share with the group for planning purposes, but then not so good for blogging
purposes. It is tempting to drag out my
sets and do a photo shoot to make-up for this unfortunate oversight. Or I might start a new page on my blog, or a
blog within the blog. I like that
idea...stay tuned.
The pleasure was
bestowed on me to be in Aelva's Absinthe induced rendition of "Bad
Influence" by Pink, with Oods and Jess, it was fun and fabulous! The group came before the solo with only one
act in between. I thought I would crash
from the stress alone, deep breaths and patience with rezzing costumes. Cherry definitely put me through my
paces! But I rose to the challenge and
pulled it off, very proud indeed!
To quote myself:
"It took two solos and a group act in three days but I think my cherry is
good and popped!" I not only
performed once, but three times this week, it was kind of crazy, but in a very
good way. I am in love with performing!
I was still
running around after the after party and I am not sure where I landed, I
thought I wrote it down, but apparently not, but I found this beautiful sim and
took some pix.
Thanks again to
Aelva for picking a lovely ensemble for me!







No comments:
Post a Comment